Millions of pounds are lost by business every year due to accidents at work and ill health. Simple effective steps can be taken to avoid both. Educating staff to integrate safety and good practise into their business ethos is simple and cost effective. Showing people how to adopt a healthy lifestyle to improve their own health and enjoyment of life will also mean that their productivity at work will improve.
In addition to improved health and safety, there are intangible benefits – a workforce that feels valued and respected contributes productively and constructively. Communications are enhanced, efficiency is improved, creativity enabled and the business becomes more effective.
Medic Plus Clinic will provide you with the benefit of a pro-active, enthusiastic health adviser without the cost of employing a fulltime OH professional service. The Occupational Health Adviser can help you in solving the occupational health issues which affect your business – helping you and your managers achieve their departmental objectives.
Employment Health Screening
- To identify the work related health risks as an individual commences employment
- Advise on the requirement for health surveillance or screening in relation to a particular job role
- Advise, where necessary, on any reasonable adjustments to the work content or environment that may be required in light of a medical condition or disability
Employment Health Screening can be provided through completion of an online form which is individualised to a specific company’s needs. Where access to a computer is not available a paper questionnaire can be provided.
Pre-placement health screening to assess fitness for a significant role change and/or location can be done by completion of an online questionnaire. A health assessment may be undertaken if deemed appropriate.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) (1988/2002) as amended (2003)
- Spirometry (lung function testing)
- Skin assessments
- Noise at Work Regulations (1989)
- Noise at Work Assessments
- Night Worker screening as recommended under the Working Time Regulations (1998)
- Fork Lift Truck health assessments as recommended under Workplace Transport Safety Regulations (1992)
- Manual Handling Training as recommended under Health & Safety (Manual Handling Operations) Regulations 1992 (amended 2002)
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessments as required under Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 (amended 2002)
- Hand Arm Vibration (HAVS) Whether you have specific requirements for individual employees or you simply wish to remain up to date with the latest regulations for your full workforce Opus Health can tailor a Health Surveillance Programme to suit your business.
Our Occupational Health Associates and Advisor is Henri Vale Henri came to occupational health from a nursing background, and qualified as a Specialist Occupational Health Practitioner in 1989. She initially worked for BMI providing occupational health support to a variety of companies, but in 1999 went freelance as an independent OH Practitioner (Health@Work). Her companies have diverse interests, ranging from the heavier end of construction and petrochemicals to the more white collar worlds of tv media and the National Portrait Gallery. In 2008 Henri set up Opus Health UK Ltd to manage her service more efficiently.
Henri visits her clients to provide OH support tailored to them and to advise both managers and employees. She supports people who are away from work due to long term ill health, and assists them to reintegrate back into the workplace at the appropriate time. In this she will be assisted by other professionals where necessary, for example Ros Richardson who sees people with psychological problems. For those returning from a period of ill health she will advise managers about appropriate changes to work hours and the working environment to ensure the individual reintegrates successfully.
She is available to discuss individual health concerns and how and where to access appropriate support through GPs and Specialists. Health surveillance is undertaken for those employees involved in activities that may be harmful to their health. Mini health assessments with health information to support them are carried out once a year.